I dont know if there is any need for a mission statement, for anything other than my own sanity and self-discipline at least, but here goes.....
I started my previous blog on a friends couch, it was late, I was alone. I needed to take stock of a few things, I ws then homeless, unemployed and pretty much without hope.
I needed to put something down and had often thought of a bog as a kind of online diary, personal, private, full of profanity and insane warblings. I quickly realized however, that I needed an audience. I was bitten by the drama bug in a silent scream for attention, so I guess I have to apologize for anything that followed.
The first writings on the xanga site were sporadic, due in part to a lack of computer access, in part to lack of alcohol. My writings were swirling tirades of self indulgence and part of me didnt want to let them go. Sed site was reinvigorated by the addition of a dear friend who, most likely whilst drunk, convinced me that I was the greatest creative mind the world had ever known. This, I have since discovered, is far from the truth, but I soldier on nonetheless.
This site is supposed to be an expansion on those first ideas, those meandering thoughts, the stream of consciousness that my earliest writings were born from. I have no extensive back catalogue, no great works. I am in the possession of a few works in progress, a few ideas. From there, with help, I hope to build.
Anyone who takes the time to read what follows, some of it old, some of it new, I thank you. I hope its the start of something, anything.
Yours
Mickalomaniac
Monday, May 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
As always, I look forward to the results Mick. The new venture sounds promising, looks good, and I truly hope comes good.
And Conor, what for the entries? I wanna hear about the Broken Social Scene gig - heard rumours of axe weilding, and not in the guitar sense. I'm already intrigued.
Let there be light, eh?
Post a Comment