The are a few stories about my childhood that sort of do the rounds and have become (for me at least) a kind of self-mythology. I have no real memory of these events, as they primarily occur between the ages of zero and three. Based upon the secondary source material I must assume that they were my best years.
I talked early. Weird early. I was taught by a flash card wielding toddler. I had a strange sense of humour. I was bald, I was tiny and I called my rocking horse Bucephalus.
My favourite is a story about a question I posed to my father, I'm not sure what age I am supposed to have been (three maybe) when I asked him:
"Is there a colour blacker than black?"
He replied that no, there was not, and inquired as to why I would ask such a question, no doubt as confused as you are.
I said:
"Because if there was a colour blacker than black, then you could paint your house that colour, and put black furniture in the house to brighten it up."
I then laughed (apparently) for a considerable amount of time. I still find it funny.
Monday, July 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment