Saturday, July 01, 2006

Part2


I clasped my hands together behind my head and lay back on the grass, the city was moving now. People going every which way and I didn’t care for them. They live out their ridiculous lives unsatisfied, because they can never have enough of anything. People are essentially greedy, like children. They are ravenous and insatiable, they would devour the world if they only had the strength. Perhaps im being a tad cynical, perhaps. Try asking some bastard in an overpriced suit for twenty damn cents.
The bread wasn’t exactly the banquet I had hoped for but then it would do for now, besides, what self respecting drunk imbibes on a full stomach? I slipped the brown paper bag out of my inside pocket unceremoniously and twisted the top till I heard that familiar click. I watched them watch me, pity mixed with disgust. Insults, for I am lord of all I survey, I am my own master. I kneel only to the weather and on occasion the big guy with the knife. Cap off and slug, its syrupy goodness coats my raw insides. I am warm again and I don’t feel the sun.
swig, swig and perception changes.
I light another cigarette and pull hard. Fuck that’s good. Everywhere people skipping to their stupid fucking jobs on a day like this. On a day where things can make sense if you let them, on a day where the more you close your eyes to the outside world, the clearer you can see. Another drink, another drag. Everything starts to speed up, ever so slightly. I could be ranting, maybe that’s why they are looking at me, fuckers, il kill them, il. No. calm. It’s the caffeine, it’s the booze. Its always the booze. Ha, another time for the long explanations my friends, another time. Now its time to wander.
I have to keep a low profile. There are other not so worldly wise maniacs around who would vomit bile on me just to get a taste of my stowed away, unholy monk semen filled, magical drink. I skulk and the day time is not my friend. Times like this you pray for rain, pray for divine intervention, anything, anything to make them go away.
I walk the canals slowly, looking for a place to sit, unhindered by intertwined lovers or debating socialists that flood from the college for their pretentious coffees. The lovers kiss and keep one eye open to eye up passers by, maybe to see if others are looking at them, their show of passionate public affection just an attention seeking device. One big look at what I have, look at who I have, wouldn’t you like to be in this situation. Kids. Anyway the other half of the time they can smell the pheromones floating off someone else and open an eye to look at their crotches. Isn’t love wonderful children, lets all play a little game shall we. You all line up against a wall, and il tell you all the things you secretly know about yourself but are afraid to admit. Then il tell everyone else. For the grand finale I will rip out your hearts(ladies) and penises(gentlemen) and trample them into the ground as a grand sacrifice to cupid, the obsolete god of hallmark cards and manipulative, calculated sentiment. Think for yourselves you idiots.
Bucky talking, I apologise, I always get preachy on buckfast. Preachy, preachy, preachy. Why will no one buy my fuckin coconuts. I swear if you could see yourselves. Ah, I spy a hungry dog. He shall be my friend.
“hello boy, what your name?” I ask condescendingly and in a cutesy voice.
“I am he that shall not be named, I am the darkness that dwells within retarded sheep” he replies in one of those movie voice over tones.
“well then” I say, “will you buy my coconuts?”.
“remove yourself from my path at once mortal” he bellowed, Im not really sure if id recognize someone bellowing again but his voice had a kind of swooshy resonance to it, anyway I digress, so yeah “remove yourself from my path at once mortal, or I shall be forced to urinate on you, thus claiming you as mine own and damning to you to a life of country and western song writing”.
Needless to say I moved. I mean some things aren’t worth the risk. Though as a demonstration of my dissatisfaction, I urinated on him as he walked away, “ha, your ass is mine now you molester of inanimate objects, go read the tv guide!” I screamed. My buckfast is running out and it is only, nintenelevn… twelve. Midday. Sunshine at its strongest, light at its most severe. I try to steal a hat from an old lady by claiming to be her long lost and subsequently hatless brother, shes havin none of it, apparently they didn’t have parents in her days, she was raised by some fruit in the south pacific. Still good taste in hats, damn fruit did a fine job. Still by the little canals, watching the ducks fight over things that fall off me. I see others in need of my help, but now I must relax. It is easy to let the caffeine take control, the wine lowers your inhibitions, but the caffeine gives your exploits that extra boost. This is fuckin gummiberry juice. No but I must relax, relinquish my loose hold on reality and let my mind wander.
There is evil afoot, quite possibly me, but nonetheless I must prepare. I must repair. The seems of society are loosening and I hold the only needle. If only I knew where to get some fuckin thread…….


No comments: