Sunday, September 03, 2006

Vigil

Its been a while in coming.... where is everyone?

Ive been in the wilderness a bit, as i suspect have all of you. Lost amidst clashing mindsets or the hornlocking of the workplace. For my part it has been a miserable, angry time, internally. Oh I have laughed and loved since last we spoke, been embroiled in conversation, captivated by this and that, read and watched and soaked it all in. If I had a plan, something diabolical brewing, then I would have been playing my hand magnificently. Few among you would have suspected, those eyebrows that did raise fractionally may have found themselves afflicted by a strange heart condition, or an outbreak of the clap. I would be methodical, have you all set your own traps, get your own venereal diseases. Or so you would think. But no such plan is in place, most are only partly legible, scrawled in a mix of ink and my own skin on a fast food napkin, losing resonance with each passing day. I am no Thomas. I cannot even organize my life. But there is growth of a sort. A budding despite the cooling air. Something does live in me yet, clings to life doggedly as a man deluded with purpose and destiny, and like this man, it will probably survive, probably open that eatery or start a chain letter so devious..... I cant even finish that, for a second funny in my own head, an in-joke with myself, sort of.
Come back to me, I am not planning your deaths.... very well.

No comments: